Saturday, December 24, 2011

Santa is On His Way

With just an hour to go before Santa arrives the house is all quiet.
The 11 1/2 month old new parents and Rocket are all snug in their beds.
I'm not so sure if visions of sugar plums are dancing in their heads.



The little tree is all trimmed and Santa's sack rests near by.
 
The only thing left is for morning to draw nigh.

My travels today were uneventful. No heavy traffic as I had anticipated.
I had left home within a decent time frame so as to avoid the outlet mall closing time.
Having lived in North Jersey for most of my life I know from experience what 'REAL' traffic is all about.


I do not miss this type of scenery but I do and always will remember driving stop and go in it.
I do miss the malls and all their Christmas Festivities .. Yes Christmas, you see there was no such thing as 'PC' Holidays. It was and always will be Christmas Season.
There was no 'Winter' break from schools it was Christmas vacation.

I read an article not too long ago where a student was sent home from school for wearing a 'Merry Christmas'
sweatshirt.
What has this country come to?
Why are the educators acting the way they do?
 Now this is just my honest opinion .... If the pen toting board of education folks do not care to have 'Christmas' included in this time of year then they need to work during the Christmas Season.
It seems they want their cake and eat it too!
They want off to celebrate Christmas with their families but yet they have voted to refuse to let the children call it Christmas. {This might be old news to some but I was only made aware of these extremes this year.)

So, with the above cartoon how close is this actually happening today?

OK Enough ramblings for now as Santa is due to arrive soon and I have to get my mistletoe ready.
Maybe Rocket will catch not Mommy but Grandmama kissing Santa under the mistletoe!

Merry Christmas to All and to All a Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment